Joyful 阅

Home » Languages » 成语,谚语,俗语,歇后语 » 早起的鸟儿有虫吃

早起的鸟儿有虫吃

早起的鸟儿 = A bird which wakes up early

有虫吃 = has worm to eat

鸟儿的食物是虫儿。早起的鸟儿比迟起的鸟儿更容易找到虫儿吃。这句谚语鼓励大家要早早起床,就可以比别人快一步完成一天内要完成的事情。

早起的鸟儿有虫吃 literally means the early bird gets to eat the worm. It means we must rise early to have a better chance of success. In other words, if you wake up late, the worms (the food) will have been eaten by the early birds, you will have little or no food to eat.

造句:

1。虽然现在是学校假期,但是我们还是应该早起,开始新的一天,因为早起的鸟儿有虫吃

2。古人常说,早起的鸟儿有虫吃,无论做什么事情,我们都应该比别人快一步,这样才更有成功的机会。

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Today (17 March 2014) is National Breakfast Day. 早起的鸟儿有虫吃, I woke up early to queue for a free Egg McMuffin.

joyfulyue.com_National-Breakfast-Day_早起的鸟儿有虫吃

joyfulyue.com_早起的人儿有早餐吃_National-Breakfast-Day

早起的人儿有早餐吃

8 Comments

1. belindq says:

I missed the free Egg McMuffin as I was running late for work. “晚起的鸟儿没虫吃” best described me.

• Wendy says:

It’s ok. You can look forward to next year event.

I went to McD nearby my house, reached there 6.10am, less than 20 people. By 6.25am, I already had Egg McMuffin in my hand. If you go to work at 6.30am, you can still grab a free Egg McMuffin on your way to work.

• belindq says:

By the way, did you download their alarm app? Perhaps due to the popularity of the free McMuffin, there are more freebies to grab each day. I just downloaded and cross my fingers tomorrow morning I can get a little surprise.

• Wendy says:

Thanks for the info. I didn’t know they have such app. Like you, I just downloaded the app. Let’s see if we get the same surprise 🙂

• belindq says:

My surprise today is a small fried fries with any purchase. I did not buy anything but passed this offer to my colleague who was buying Mcd dinner for her daughter just now. What about yours?

• Wendy says:

Day 1: a small fries with any purchase. Busy schedule, missed that one.

Day 2: English song to be downloaded. Received email to download, not sure if I will miss it again, coz I need to go to a website to download, seem troublesome.

• belindq says:

The small fries is really small so miss it also not 可惜.

I received consecutive 3 days free small fries with any purchase and a free 12oz coke.

Today, I am planning to buy a $2 burger to redeem both fries and get the coke to make a meal.

• Wendy says:

Good planning. I get another small fries today, maybe I will wait for tomorrow’s surprise before I decide to redeem.

What is your say?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s