New school year is starting soon. Are you thinking of buying a Chinese language assessment book for your children?
I have been using this book and found it comprehensive. I would like to share why I like the book in this post:
- The exercises are arranged by chapters you learn at school.
- It does not separate into two books for each semester (For example, book 3A for semester 3A and book 3B for semester 3B) and thus you only need to buy one book each year.
- It includes a composition exercise (看图作文) at each chapter.
- There are two exercises on oral and listening (one at mid-year revision and another one at year-end revision).
- It is available for each primary school year.
Whether your children are attending tuition or not, this book can be used as a revision after they have learnt each chapter at school. If I want to nitpick, I would like to see 命题作文 to be included for higher primary books. It is because PSLE Chinese Language has both 看图作文 and 命题作文. Exposure to both types of composition exercises will help to boost the confidence of the students taking PSLE.
A note for international students who would like to learn Chinese language using the book, please consider buying the textbook of the same academic year as well.
Book Title：《小学华文综合练习》 (Chinese Complete Practice)
Publisher: Educational Publishing House Pte. Ltd.
Disclaimer: This is just a suggestion for parents and students. You can get the book from major bookshops. I do not earn anything from anyone, anywhere, anytime by writing this post. This post is just for sharing.