I have bad memory. My only memory about Superman — he has a good hearing that he can hear every voice or sound. I pitied him when I saw this scene because I hate noise. Luckily I am not a
superman super girl; else I would shut my senses down and become the most irresponsible superhuman.
Though we are not superhuman, we can still learn from Superman:
- Focus — When you have the superpower to hear every single voice or sound, you are doing nothing good to yourself or the world if you cannot focus. Yes, shutting down the senses is a good choice. Focus only on one single important thing that you want to accomplish, one at a time. Students have a lot of things to worry about, the academic results, CCA, family, friendship, etc. Thus, it is of utmost importance that when you are doing your Mathematics homework, you do not think about how bad is your Science or maybe you should give your friend a call.
- Feeling — Because Superman loves the people on Earth, he fights his own people. Whichever subject that you want to learn, love it. You are allowed to have multiples “lovers” in this case, just like Superman loves his family and girlfriend on Earth.
- Understanding — “People are afraid of what they don’t understand.” When you love a subject, you need to understand it as well. You will be afraid of doing revision or reading on the subject if you do not understand.
- Determination — “It is either you die, or I do.” I do not know why I remember this line said by General Zod. It sounds a bit scary, but it is the determination that Superman fights until the end, until General Zod is dead. When you face obstacles during your learning process, do not give up, you can fight and you will win in the end. Keep on fighting!
What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
Other than learning, “Man of Steel” also teaches us on finding our own destiny. Below are some quotes from the movie to share with you:
- I have to believe that you were sent here for a reason. And even if it takes the rest of your life, you owe it to yourself to find out what that reason is.
- You’ve grown stronger here than I ever could have imagined. The only way to know how strong, is to keep testing your limits.
- Every person can be a force for good, free to forge his own destiny.
- You have to decide what kind of man you want to grow up to be. Whoever that man is, good character or bad, it’s going to change the world.
The above quotes are said by either the biological father or the adopted father of Superman. Fathers teach us a lot of things during our life journey. My father was not a superman, but he was my hero. Happy Father’s Day!