Dengue, hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD), different types of flu, diarrhea, cough and etc., these illnesses can be prevented by daily precautions and good hygiene. Early prevention is more important and significant for high-risk group, such as children, older adults and pregnant women.
Simple steps for prevention:
1. Drink more water
2. Frequent hand-washing
Before and after eating, after using the toilet, after blowing nose, etc.
3. Use hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes
4. When you sneeze or cough, cover your mouth and nose with tissue
Go out with a pack of tissues. After using the tissue, throw the tissue into trash bin.
5. Keep your hands away from your face, especially eyes and mouth.
Hands are often covered in germs.
6. Stay current on vaccinations, especially for high-risk group
7. Get sufficient sleep
Resting not only prevents, it also helps in faster recovery if you are sick.
8. Eat a healthy diet
9. Exercise often
10. Keep your house clean and reduce stagnant water in your surrounding
11. Prevent mosquito bites by using insect repellent
12. Take note of weather change and wear appropriate clothing
With simple steps, we can prevent illnesses at an early stage. Prevention is better than cure. Ignorance and carelessness not only bring suffering and misery to oneself, also to family members.